the LOVE CONECTION
Gifts of love.
In building friendships with our guests and hearing from them what they need, we have been able to partner with many in our community to offer more personal, generous and intimate needs, which we call our Love Connection Ministry.
Our Love Connection Ministry includes:
- Birthday Bags: A parent or grandparent can sign up to receive a bag with a new gift, and often a cake mix, icing, party decorations, balloons and candles for a child through the Food Bank
- Special Occasion Gifts: Through community involvement, we have often been able to provide gifts, activities and treats for our guests for Valentine’s Day (treats, decorations), Easter (treats, activities and gifts), spring (rain boots, umbrellas, activities), summer holidays (activities), back to school (backpacks and school supplies), and for Halloween (costumes and treats)
- Christmas Family Sponsorship: Every year we are contacted by a number of businesses or families who would like to bless a family at Christmas with gifts and sometimes food
- Gifts for Kids: Various people and businesses contribute to this Christmas program to ensure that each young Table guest will receive a new gift chosen from the age appropriate options by their parent, caregiver or grandparent
- Gifts for Adults: Since no one likes to be left out at Christmas, we are happy to be able to pass on new gifts to our adult guests at the Soup Kitchen or Food Bank
- Meat for Families: We are grateful to receive meat like turkey, ham and chicken that we can distribute when available at Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter to our guests at the Food Bank
- Community Connections: Local organizations are welcome to come along side us at the Food Bank to connect with guests about their services and utilize the bulletin board to promote further connection
- Household Needs: A bulletin board is set up at the Food Bank where people can post items of furniture that they are wanting to give away or are needed and they can make contact directly
- Music Ministry: We welcome musicians to come to the Soup Kitchen and play for our guests, who often like to come up and join in when given the opportunity